This month marks my one year anniversary on this blog, so let’s get a little personal. When I started my blog, I had no intention in getting followers or views. I just wanted to write. Now, a year later, that’s still what I’m here for. However, I never expected to get the amount of support I’ve gotten over the past year. I’m aware of the fact that I’m nowhere near a ‘big blogger’, but when you start your blog with the mindset ‘I just hope to make at least one person happy’ and you find out that over 3000 people visited your blog, you have no idea what to do with yourself. I get the loveliest, most heart warming comments every single day and I’m beyond grateful for that. Nothing is more encouraging than knowing your work is appreciated. So thank you, from the bottom of my heart. Since I’ve never really shared a lot about myself, let’s grab this opportunity to share 50 facts about me.
1. My favorite movie series is Harry Potter.
2. I don’t mind the dark when it comes to going to sleep, but the ‘unknown’ dark, like the ocean or a cave, terrifies me.
3. I hope to grow old in New York.
4. My major in college is journalism.
5. I’m obsessed with pugs (I may or may not be wearing pajama bottoms with pugs on them right now).
6. My dream is to be a published writer someday.
7. I’m pretty convinced that I own the soul of a 50 year old, Parisian woman.
8. I’m a vegetarian.
9. I have two older sisters.
10. The only thing I can properly cook is pasta.
11. I have TERRIBLE eye sight.
12. I’m very impulsive, which isn’t always a good thing.
13. I prefer dresses / skirts over jeans.
14. I’m a very deep sleeper. Especially as a kid. I would fall from my bed and bruise my knee and just carry on sleeping.
15. I’m 100% Dutch.
16. I’ve never been outside of Europe.
17. My top 3 places I still want to visit are: New York, Paris and Indonesia.
18. My favorite type of flowers are roses.
19. I’m a disney addict. Some of my favorite movies are Pocahontas, Beauty And The Beast and Tangled.
20. My favorite book is ‘How to be a Parisian wherever you go’.
21. Some of my favorite artists are Lana Del Rey, Cody Simpson, Jacob Whitesides and Tori Kelly (and Ariana Grande of course).
22. I’m very shy, which can come off as offensive and rude sometimes, but in reality I just don’t know what to say.
23. My man crush is Dylan O’brien and my woman crush is Orion Carloto.
24. I love horror movies, unlike a lot of my friends.
25. My passions are writing and photography.
26. I’m hoping to start a YouTube channel one day.
27. My favorite days are rainy days.
28. I’m a tea person. I’ve tried to drink coffee several times, but I really don’t like it.
29. I actually made Youtube videos when I was 11 years old.
30. I prefer fruit over candy.
31. Almost all of my friends and family live in other cities / countries.
32. I’m a tattoo person and I’ll hopefully get my first one this fall.
33. My favorite sport is horse riding.
34. I’m right handed.
35. My favorite scent is vanilla.
36. I think it’s really important to educate each other as much as we can.
37. My favorite animals are all animals. I’m so lame.
38. I’m very sarcastic and that’s why I probably have like two solid friends.
39. I can’t fight or get mad at people.
40. I cry very easily and I can’t help it.
41. I was born on September 16th 1997, which makes me 18 years old next month.
42. My astrology sign is Virgo.
43. I’d love to travel the world and document all of it as soon as I’m done with college.
44. I can’t stand the sound of people eating.
45. My favorite clothing store is H&M.
46. My favorite non-clothing store is Claire’s.
47. I have blonde hair and blue eyes.
48. I’ve never had a boyfriend, but I believe in the fact that you don’t need a man to be fully happy. You don’t look for love, you find it. I just haven’t found it yet and that’s totally fine. For now, I’m doing perfect.
49. My music playlist goes from the Lilo & Stitch theme song to Livin’ On A Prayer by Bon Jovi.
50. I can’t leave the house without filling in my eyebrows.
That took me so long! I hope you got to learn a little more about me and thank you once again.
Stay beautiful, Anouk.